Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Green Smoothie Cleanse I'm doing is going great. I think cleansing is one of the most powerful ways to start off the new year. The stress and excessive eating of the holidays is a leading cause of post holiday weight gain, Adrenal fatigue and exhaustion and digestive problems. Cleansing can maximize your energy and clear your system of accumulated toxins.

By doing a week of green smoothies in place of your meals without any added fats helps rest and rejuvenate your liver. One of my past cleanse participants told me last week that during the last cleanse she did with me, her autoimmune symptoms disappeared and she had so much energy she was bouncing through her day. That's big. A few of the many success stories from the cleanses of this past year are posted on the Green Smoothie Cleanse web page. There are so many exciting stories, that I may just create a separate page so I can share all of them.

To get started with green smoothies, you need a blender, some greens and some fruit. You can follow recipes or make up your own. The Green Cleanse Recipe Guide and Menu Planner has over 50 recipes, plus instructions on making up your own. I have a new book I'll be releasing this year that has over 150 green smoothie variations. I also have a mini recipe guide and menu planner

Here's a delicious one I has yesterday. This makes almost a whole Vitamix full (64 ounces), so if you have a smaller blender, cut it in half.

Tropical Cherry Paradise

Green Smoothies are great sources of raw and living foods for maximum energy and vibrant health

  • 1/2 a pineapple, skin removed
  • 1 mango
  • 1 cup frozen cherries
  • 1 cup frozen peaches
  • 4 handfuls pre-washed baby spinach (about 1/2 of a 1 pound tub)
  • a few dandelion leaves


Blend and serve. I didn't add any water to keep it thick. Thin with water to your preferred consistency.

For a FREE collection of green smoothie recipes visit www.GreenSmoothieCleanse.com and put your name and email address into the box to the right.

How to Make a Non-Sweet Green Smoothie


I'm often asked by people who have blood sugar problems and candida overgrowth how to make a green smoothie without fruit. I usually call them green soups, and I make them very often. Take a look at this you-tube video of me demonstrating how to make one of my favorites, Italian Green Soup. A have a book of Soup Recipes that's packed with highly nutritious, hearty recipes that are great for winter nights.


If you're not already a Green Smoothie addict, go ahead and try one. They are delicious, energizing and an amazing way to provide your body with a powerhouse of nutrients.

What's your experience with green smoothies? Do you have a favorite green smoothie recipe? Go ahead and share in the comments field.

Love, Health and Joy,

Dr. Ritamarie

http://www.FreshnFunLiving.com

No comments: